Friday, April 9, 2010

RED Friday!



After a lot of messages pleading, and some threatening to call 911, here, finally, is a card done all in RED!!!

I know you expect this from me, and darn it! it's a burden, but here's a quilt made from all RED scraps. I'd love to tell you what dp I used, but who can even guess when the pieces are so small. I save every bit of RED, and I love all these different patterns put together!
Now. Mom is coming for the weekend. She's getting a perm this morning, and then will drive here. Stay off the highway ...... she's 88 and that's the speed she goes in her Caddy!! We are having our SU! demo here on Sunday for some fun and crafting, so she'll be here with bells on. We always have a list, and this time it involves some more punches. (Are there ever enough??)


Have a great day. My comments will depend on how busy Mom makes me!!!

8 comments:

Joanne Travis said...

LOVE the red, Anne. What a gorgeous creation. Love the quilt like layout, it is really fabulous!!

Betty Wright said...

Anne, this is gorgeous! I LOVE the patterns of red and the way you did the sentiment with the flower. This would actually make a gorgeous quilt, too! Stunning!

Eighty-eight and drives 88? LOL! That is impressive. She will be looking good going down the hwy with her new perm in her caddy!

Bonnie McLain said...

Of course it's an Anne card... all red... love it... I actually made an all red quilt with fabric for our son.. he is a red lover.. it was really pretty too.. your card says on the front what it is ... WONDERFUL!!!! Love it and have fun with your mom... sounds like a cracker plus...

Love, Light and Peace..Bonnie

Francie G. said...

Well, who would have ever imagined you would come up with a red quilt! Beautiful creation, Anne! Love the way you did the sentiment!

Edna Morrisedie said...

This card speaks of you well! Love that you used some of your red scraps, and they are co-ordinated so well, just lovely all in red!

Wanda Cullen said...

I think it's wonderful that your mom is so active at 88 - go granny, go granny, go granny go! Or so the Beach Boys used to sing. You quilt card is really stunning in scraps of red! Love the pattern you created! I just didn't have enough time to do a card today.

Mary Marsh said...

i was rofl at your story about Mom-I even read it to my hubby-just too funny-anyway I love your quilt card and all the red scraps-great layout

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this fabulous red log cabin design!! Your work is always such an inspiration to me. I have posted a blog award for you on my blog today.