Thursday, May 27, 2010

Painting for WT272


Today I tried out Yasutomo metallic paints for the first time. They are beautiful, go on easily, and are very hard to photograph.

This card will be for DH for Father's Day. He loves this kind of dog, though he would never have one!

This is a sneak peek of a new set for June from Mark's Finest Papers, and is called More of Speedy the Cat's Friends.

I used MFP papers, and added my own bone charm with copper cord on the grosgrain ribbon. The dog is popped on top of nesties. Inside it will say, "You're STILL my hero!".

Thanks for looking. Hugs to you all.

9 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

this is a great challenge card anne-I backed off this one today-don't really have any paints.
you have created a great masculine card-perfect for father's day and the inside sentiment a great tribute to your hubby.

Joanne Travis said...

I love this dog stamp!! My husband wants either a boxer or a Doberman. I don't want another of anything quite yet, we have our sweet black lab mix Bella and she is enough for me to clean up after :)
LOVE Faith's line of stamps and I can't wait to see all of the awesome things you create! This one is fab!

Francie G. said...

Love this image, Anne! Your coloring of it is so realistic! Perfect sentiment!

Wanda Cullen said...

Love the paw prints and bone charm details...they add so much to a card!

Julia Aston said...

What a fun painted dog! love the paw prints and cute bone charm Anne!

Joan Ervin said...

What a great guy card, Anne...love the painted image and how you added the dog bone...your DH is going to love it!!!

Betty Wright said...

This is fantastic, Anne! Love the colored doggie! It looks sort of textural like an actual coat! Great bone charm, too! Cool card!

Peggy said...

Fabulous masculine card!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Great job incorporating all things doggie into this one, I love the sentiment and the little bone charm!