Thursday, February 11, 2010

St. Patrick's Day Chicken



Today I started cards for the next holiday. I don't make or send out a lot of cards in March, but the ones I do send out are to friends who expect them. I like to make them humorous, and do something no one anticipates. I love to use animal images, and this chicken really appealed to me this morning.

I made this one for the WT challenge on SCS ... to use odd numbers of things. As you can tell, there is just one of each item... ribbon, brad, tag, image. This was fun to paint. I really love Penny Black stamps because the faces are always so cute. I hope you like this. You'll be seeing green cards for a while!!

* be sure to check out my THT036 below *

4 comments:

Stef H said...

this is absolutely adorable. i love the idea of the chicken and that clover leaf is wonderful.

your THT036 card is gorgeous too!

hugs,

Lorraine said...

This is just too cute! I really do love it!

Corie said...

So sweet -- love it!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

that chicken is the BEST....you could 'dress' it up for any occasion...I may have to be researching that one