Friday, May 1, 2009

Down Memory Lane

There is a story involved here. My eldest DS got aJohn Deere tractor for Christmas the year he was three. It was from my parents, and we were at their house for the holidays. that morning, he stood at the top of the stairs and could see it with a big RED bow. He yelled, "Hey Grampa! Wait'll you see the son-of-a-gun-of-a-big-tractor santa brought me!". Since then, that's what we have always called them. I think this would be a perfect card for him, even though he's 44 now!

6 comments:

Julia Aston said...

so where's the big red bow on this Anne!?!?! this is an adorable tractor - love how you layered it - what fun!

Joanne (jojot) said...

ya know.......Julia is right.....where is the RED, gf....

anyhoo....really adorable tractor and story

Stef H said...

This is super! I love that Deere!

Hugs,

Anne Harada said...

Great card Anne!! What a cute story, and this does make a perfect card for him!!! Love the little "bolts" you added in!!

Joan Ervin said...

Awwww, tooo cute...love the awesome wheel on the adorable JD, Anne!!! My DH has a John Deere....he is even teaching our 13year old DGD to drive it!!! A man and his tractor are never parted!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG!! What a really fun card!! I love your fun wheel popped out!! :)