Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Snowman in RED!



Today I combined the SC with the Doubledog Dare Challenge. The hostess for this week is Itsapassion (the Other Anne), who challenged us to make a card using the reverse punch technique. In case you don't know, that's to punch out shape(s), and use the bg. In this instance, I used both the reverse and the punched out snowflakes. If you would like to join us, put DDC in your keyword.

I also put this in the RedDivas Gallery since this card is just about all RED. And of course, I'm sure you're so surprised I would use my favorite color again!!!

The snowman on this card is a cutout I saved from a card I received last year. How green is that???

Have a great day, hugs to you all.

13 comments:

Connie M. said...

Oh so fun and RED, Anne!! Love how you carried the snowflakes from the punched out panel over to the other side panel...very cute!!

Maria Matter said...

What a great 'green' red card!!! Way to go on the recycling...that's a cute snowman!!!
love how you used the punched flakes!
Blessings, Maria

Anonymous said...

OMG!! That is just as sweet as can be!! I Just LOVE that snowman all wrapped up in Christmas lights!! TEE!

Lynn McAuley said...

Anne, I really love this adorable snowman in his curly-toed shoes all wrapped up in lights!! And, of course, he looks awesome backed by your fabulous red and white snowflakes!!

Crystal said...

OOO Anne what a fun fun snowman, I LOVE those lights!!!! Of course LOVE all the red...Fantastic card!

Stef H said...

gosh, you do the prettiest cards!

hugs,

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, girlfriend...you aced both challenges!!!! Your red and white Christmas card is sooooo beautiful!!!! That is such a cute snowman image and the negative snowflakes are the perfect detail!!!!

Do What You Love said...

Anne, I love how ingenious you are with your creations. You have such talent to be able to incorporate red in so many paper crafts so beautifully like that. I love the snowman! Beautiful card!

Kerri said...

This is just the cutest card!!! I love that snowman with the lights, and all the snowflakes look awesome! Those shoes look like they would be hard to cut out!

Anne Harada said...

Look at you rockin these challenges!! Love the way you used the negative of the punches, I knew you'd kick but on this one GF!! It's fantastic!! Adorable snowman, great idea to recycle him!! He's worth another look!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

already commented on SCS but had to stop in at your blog to tell you just how fabulous this RED snowman card is....fantabulous

Christi Flores said...

This is too stinkin' cute!!!

Julia Aston said...

love your negative punching on this Anne!