Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Divine Divas Inspiration Challenge #13

The DDIC this week comes from art.com and the painting below called "Golden Day II" by Jo Moulton. I really love the soft hazy quality of the colors, and the squared off layout with the leaves and swirls.



My card on the right continues the Autumn theme, but with some changes. Rather than keep the tile-like background, I used a soft dp and burlap. I liked the branch and abstract designs, so I put those in mine too. My single tree is sponged to give it the same look as the painting. Couldn't resist adding an organdy ribbon, could I? I hope you like it.



Please be sure to check out the blogs and galleries of the design team, to see their cards and projects inspired by this fabulous art (located on the left side of my blog), by highlighting their names.



If you would like to use this art piece as inspiration for a card or project of your own, Please upload it to SCS with the keyword DDIC.



Join me here again for the next DDIC in two weeks, on October 15th.





13 comments:

Francie G. said...

This is just beautiful, Anne! Wow! I just love that inspiration piece! So peaceful and such warm lovely colors! Beautifully done! TFS!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Anne!! I just love your design and the texture. What an awesome take on the inspiration!!!
The colors, images, and design are perfect!!
hugs,
Chris

Stef H said...

they're beautiful. they look like wall hangings! just beautiful!

hugs,

Crystal said...

BEAUTIFUL love your ribbon treatment!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Anne, this is just gorgeous!! I love the Fall colors and the pretty ribbon!! TFS! HUGS

Connie M. said...

This is just so pretty, Anne!! Your take on this challenge is just perfect! Love the beautiful ribbon you used!

Lori Rider said...

Beautiful card, Anne! I love how you interpreted the artwork - it's just gorgeous. Your images and layout are perfect for the challenge!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Wonderful, Anne! Love the single tree and the burlap dp looks real. The ribbon on top is perfect. Super fall card!

Kerri said...

This is gorgeous!!! I love the burlap and the softly sponged image panel, and that ribbon! Your leafy branch and flourish look almost exactly like those in the picture! Fabulous : )

Donna said...

This is gorgeous, Anne! I just love all the texture you added.

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Gorgeous card, Anne! Love the inspiration piece and your take on it is excellent! Great job.

Joanne (jojot) said...

wow...gorgeous....autumnal beauty at its best

Julia Aston said...

what a beautiful card from your inspiration piece Anne! love the colors - the burlap gives it such texture!