Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Bleached Trees

I have to admit that this is my all-time favorite SU set, Lovely As A Tree! Whenever I'm stuck for an idea, this set jogs my memory. The CC today was very interesting..........bleach, take the color that comes from it, and add a neutral. I chose a very dark RED, and the vanilla it became with the bleach, and black as a neutral. Instead of doing a bg, I used the image itself as my focus, and had this fabulous matching dp to go with it! I had a little trouble with what to do with embellishments. I didn't want to overwhelm the trees, but it looked a little bare. I hope you don't think the corners are over the top.......the ribbon works really well I think. Anyhow, I am pleased with the results. I decided to also post this card in the RedDivas gallery. It's dark, but still the right color, don't you agree??? Have a great day. Hugs to you all.

11 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I saw this one on SC this a.m.! What a great job you did on it! Love the trees and the way you framed it. No red?! LOL! Love it anyway...
Hope you have a fantastic day!

Anonymous said...

This is exquisite. I love your blog and I love red, too :)

Anonymous said...

So very gorgeous Anne!!

Lynn McAuley said...

These trees bleached out so beautifully, Anne!! What a stunning card!!

JulieA said...

Oh, that's gorgeous!!!!!!! I love your corners. They're perfect for this card!!!!!

Crystal said...

WOW Anne your bleached trees are AWESOME!

Julia Aston said...

Love, love, love your bleached trees Anne! and the wonderful ribbon and corner treatments!

Maria Matter said...

Anne, this is gorgeous! The bleached trees turned out perfect!!!
Blessings, Maria

Silke Ledlow said...

Fabulous take on the CC challenge - Anne!!! I will always love this awesome Set...and you've made it look perfect today!!! Hugs ~S~

Stef H said...

this is absolutely gorgeous!!! i am so lovin' those corners! and the image came out .... wow!!!! i love it!

hugs,

Joan Ervin said...

Your trees are soooo gorgeous, Anne!!!!!! The colors are beautiful and I love the papers you used along with that fabo ribbon!!!!!